- 1 in 7 people will go to bed hungry tonight
- 5 million children under the age of five die every year from lack of nutrition
- Hunger is the world’s leading health risk; it kills more people every year than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined
- 1 out of 4 children in developing countries is underweight
- There are more hungry people in the world than the combined populations of the United States, Canada, and the European Union
- Asia and the Pacific region are home to over half of the world’s population and nearly two-thirds of the world’s hungry people
- 65 percent of the world’s hungry live in only seven countries; India, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan and Ethiopia
- Poverty is the leading cause of hunger
- Hunger has been slowly yet steadily on the rise for the past decade.
There is enough food in the world for everyone to have the nutrition required to lead a healthy and productive life. Ending chronic malnutrition frees children from the physical harm it causes their minds and bodies. It allows parents to best care for their families. It increases the chance that sick bodies will heal rather than succumb to a disease. It drastically effects a community’s ability to rise out of poverty.
Planet Changer is eradicating hunger by engaging in sustainable hunger solutions for communities that will be a source of both food and income for years to come.
Planet Changer empowers people to make a difference exactly where they choose to. We ensure that 100% of all public donations (minus transaction cost, if applicable) will go to the fund or even the specific project of choice.