- Today’s water crisis is an issue of access
- Every 20 seconds, a child dies from water-related disease
- Worldwide, 3.5 million people die each year from water-related illnesses
- 2.5 billion people (almost one billion children) live without basic sanitation
- Lack of sanitation is the world’s leading cause of infection
- More people in the world own cell phones than have access to a toilet
- Worldwide, over 200 million hours are consumed by women and children collecting water for domestic use (often from polluted sources)
- Almost 2 in 3 people who who need safe drinking water survive on less than $2 a day; 1 in 3 survive on less than $1 a day.
In developing countries, access to clean and safe drinking water changes entire communities. It saves lives. Children are able to attend school because they are not sick from water-borne illness or spending hours each day fetching water. Women receive innumerable hours back each week, allowing them to care for their children and even contribute to the family’s income as a merchant. A safe water source is also a critical component in the battle against hunger, as it allows communities to care for their livestock and crops.
Planet Changer is eliminating thirst by investing in sustainable clean water projects.
Planet Changer empowers people to make a difference exactly where they choose to. We ensure that 100% of all public donations (minus transaction cost, if applicable) will go to the fund or even the specific project of choice.